Expected to become the new standard in high performance valve spring design, COMP Cams® Conical Valve Springs utilize round wire and feature a diameter and progressive pitch driven natural frequency. This design increases the valve train RPM limit while reducing resonance concerns and decreasing dynamic spring oscillations. The result is longer spring life and the ability to run more aggressive camshafts. A breakthrough in valve spring development, COMP Cams® is the very first to introduce this advanced conical design.
- Progressive frequency increases RPM limit & creates ability to run more aggressive camshafts
- Constantly decreasing diameter from bottom to top reduces active mass & decreases applied forces – result is longer valve train component life & less parasitic horsepower loss
- Reduced mass improves RPM stability
- Conical design is the best natural frequency damping setup – dampens without wear, heat/friction or risk from interference contact
- Superfinish surface processing increases both lift capability & spring longevity
For more information contact a Karbelt Pickering sales professional