The PN 85801 features stainless steel terminals and an easily adjustable mechanical advance assembly that has been fine blanked from chrome-moly steel, TIG welded for strength, and QPQ coated. Precision weights glide on nylon bushings for a smooth advancement, and stop bushings and springs allow for a variety of advance curves.
Guided by a long sintered bushing and sealed ball bearing, the advance/reluctor steel shaft has been coated with a friction-reducing agent, a combination that provides spark delivery at any RPM and stable timing signals. MSD’s maintenance-free and race-proven magnetic pick-up handles triggering chores.
Note: Must be used with an MSD ignition control.
*Will not clear some factory-style Shaker hood scoops.
- CNC-machined billet aluminum housing and DuPont Rynite base.
- Preinstalled with quality steel gear.
- Supplied Cap-A-Dapt and rotor (accepts MSD socket-style caps).
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems.
- Nylon pads ensure smooth advance weight operation.
- Advance weight pins are staked and TIG welded to the plate.
- Advance plate/weights are fine blanked from chrome-moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction.
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing.
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout RPM range.
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings.
For more information contact a Karbelt Pickering sales rep.