Edelbrock Rollin’ Thunder series camshafts improve horsepower and torque, produce a satisfying performance idle, and provide sufficient vacuum for power brakes and other powered accessories. As with all Rollin’ Thunder camshafts, the 2231 features a more aggressive lift profile than conventional hydraulic flat-tappet cams—without the excessive valve overlap that can compromise low-rpm drivability.
- Exclusively engineered for 1957–1986 Chevy V8 engines.
- Designed for optimum power from 1500 to 6500 rpm.
- Produced 460 hp and 460 ft-lb. torque on an Edelbrock 383 crate engine.
- Aggressive profile provides excellent performance with sufficient vacuum at idle for power brakes and other powered accessories.
- 242° intake / 240° exhaust duration at .050?, .594? lift at valve, and 112° lobe separation.
- Includes camshaft, assembly lube, and instructions.
For more information contact a Karbelt Pickering sales rep.